Waxahachie and the surrounding areas offer plenty to keep you and your family busy until summer arrives. With 75 businesses in a 10-block area, it is convenient to enjoy the historic scenery associated with downtown while taking care of all your shopping in one convenient trip.
More than a dozen restaurants offer a wide variety of mouthwatering cuisine and the shops offer everything from fine furnishings to clothing to antiques and more. Community events in Waxahachie include things like hikes, dinners, air shows, and special visitors like Thomas the Tank Engine.
Here’s a look at the next three months activities:
- 24 – Head downtown for a Health Hike. It begins at 410 S. Rogers, conveniently at the Farmer’s Market.
- 29 – The FirstLook Pregnancy Help Clinic’s Annual Fundraising Banquet will be held at the Waxahachie Bible Church at 7pm. Advanced registration is required at txlifeinvestors.org or by calling 972-938-7900.
- 31 – The 27th Annual Port Arkansas Tour of Homes on Mustang Island will begin at the community center at 408 N. Alister in Port Arkansas. Both bus and self-guided tours are available.
- 12 –The Waxahachie Civic Center is sponsoring a Daddy Daughter Dance. Tickets are $15 each and must be purchased in person at the center.
- 14 – Save the date! The 5th Annual Share the Love Gala to benefit CASA of Ellis County will be held at 6pm at the civic center with dinner, dancing, silent auctions, and more.
- 21 – Air Fiesta brings the best acrobatic performances, vintage aircraft, and other family-friendly activities and events to the Brownsville South Padre Island Airport.
- 28 – An Arts District Chorale will be held from 7pm to 9pm at the Presbyterian Church located at 402 N. College.
- 9 – The SAGU Jazz Band will play at the SAGU performance hall from 7pm to 9pm.
- 10 thru 19 – A Day Out with Thomas is a fun family event that features everyone’s favorite blue tank engine. Children and their parents can enjoy 25-minute rides on Thomas the Tank Engine and more.
- 11 – The annual LIFESTYLE: Business, Health, & Wellness Expo takes place from 9am to 4pm at the civic center.
The Downtown Farmer’s Market opens in April and offers fresh produce, delicious baked goods, and other gourmet foods every Saturday from 8am until 1pm through October. Another popular event is the Summer Moonlight Movie Series, the brainchild of the City of Waxahachie Main Street Program, this free event offers movies under the stars. Families need only bring their own blanket and snacks.
As you can see, there is plenty to do in Waxahachie, whether you are a young family, a bachelor or bachelorette, or a retiree. If you are looking for a way to spend time with family or connect with neighbors and friends without spending a small fortune, then community events are definitely the way to go.