With a population of 57k, Grand Prairie, Texas is a city in the DFW metroplex worth exploring as a place to call home. One of the big benefits of living here is its proximity to jobs in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. Many parents choose to move to the Southgate III neighborhood because they want to send their children to the highly-rated Mansfield Independent School District.
The Southgate III community nestles Mansfield, a city that received national acclaim when it landed on Money Magazine‘s annual list of Best Places to Live in America. One reason to live in Mansfield ISD is its school system is one of the three big draws. The other two being a strong economy and flourishing parks and recreation system.
Fun Things to Do in Grand Prairie and Mansfield
Considering it’s an effortless drive to almost anywhere in DFW, Southgate III residents have easy access to everything: theater, entertainment, museums, sports venues, historic places, unique shopping spots, and much more.
You can have fun without leaving your backyard with these fun things to do in Grand Prairie and Mansfield:
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! and Louis Tussaud’s Palace of Wax: If bizarre and Hollywood got married and had a baby, it would be this place.
- Verizon Theater: This indoor theater features first-rate performers in everything from rock to country.
- Hawaiian Falls Waterpark Mansfield: You won’t have to go far for cool relief from the Texas heat.
- Grand Prairie Premium Outlets: Find the best deals on brand names for just about every type of product you want.
- Mansfield Historical Museum and Heritage Center: Learn about Mansfield and its history in education, commerce, and culture.
- Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie: Experience Class I Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred horse racing.
Want more ideas? Here are 10 free things to do in Fort Worth. And to think this list doesn’t even include all the things you can do in Dallas, Arlington, and places in between the cities.
Grand Prairie and Mansfield have restaurants representing every kind of cuisine. You’ll find good BBQ, seafood, Thai food, and pizza right in town. Of course, they have many of the popular fast food chains so you won’t have to venture far for a quick fix.
Mansfield ISD Schools for Southgate III Residents
Mansfield Independent School District educates more than 34k kids on more than 30 campuses. Its mission is “to inspire and educate students to be productive citizens.
Children in Southgate III attend these public schools in Mansfield:
- Louise Cabaniss Elementary School
- Grades: Pre-K – 4
- Mascot: Cowboys
- Colors: Black and Blue
- Teacher/student ratio: Approx. 1:18
- Della Icenhower Intermediate
- Grades 5 – 6
- Mascot: Huskies
- Colors: Navy blue and silver
- Distinctions: Academic Achievement in ELA/Reading and Top 25% student progress
- James Coble Middle School
- Grades 7 – 8
- Mascot: Coyotes
- Colors: Maroon and white
- Distinctions: Academic Achievement in ELA/Reading and Math
- Mansfield Timberview High School
- Grades 9 – 12
- Mascot: Wolves
- Colors: Maroon, black, and silver
- Won state title in men’s basketball
Every school has achieved the highest rating of Met Standard in the most recent accountability ratings.
New Homes in Mansfield by Sandlin Homes
The Southgate III community features homes from $270s on up that range from 1900 to 3200 square feet. This community offers six floorplans with many options to customize your new home. You could add a bay in the master suite, change the bathroom to include a walk-in shower, and even add a patio with a fireplace and a grill.
If you’d like to explore another Grand Prairie neighborhood, you may want to explore Westchester Crossing. Children in this community attend Grand Prairie ISD.
Directions and Contact Information
Sandlin Homes in Southgate III
How to get to Southgate III from Hwy 360:
- Exit to Webb Lynn Rd.
- Turn left on Lantern Ln.
- Turn right on Crystal Way.
- Turn right immediately onto Pamela Way into the community.