Many people looking to move into a DFW community want to live in Mansfield ISD because of its strong school system. Two other reasons people select the area are for the parks and recreation system and the booming economy.
Fun Things to Do in Grand Prairie
Grand Prairie offers a great location with easy access to both Dallas and Fort Worth. Not only that but also it’s filled many entertaining things to do. Your choices range everywhere from theater and museums to sports venues and shopping spots.
Here’s a sampling of fun things to do in Grand Prairie:
- Grand Prairie Premium Outlets: Find the best deals on brand names.
- Hawaiian Falls Waterpark Mansfield: Cool relief from Texas heat is minutes away.
- Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie: Check out the horse racing action.
- Mansfield Historical Museum and Heritage Center: Explore Mansfield’s history.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! and Louis Tussaud’s Palace of Wax: Bizarre entertainment at its best.
- Verizon Theater: Enjoy performances from a variety of artists.
Grand Prairie makes a great place to go on food adventures as you’ll find delicious seafood, Thai, BBQ, and pizza. And for those who love their food chains, you’ll won’t have to go far for your favorite quick fix.
Highly-Rated Mansfield ISD Schools for Grand Prairie Residents
Mansfield Independent School District’s mission is “to inspire and educate students to be productive citizens.” The district educates more than 35k kids across 45 campuses.
Southgate III’s youngest residents attend these public schools in Mansfield:
- Louise Cabaniss Elementary School
- Grades: Pre-K – 4
- Mascot: Cowboys
- Colors: Black and Blue
- Teacher/student ratio: Approx. 1:18
- Della Icenhower Intermediate
- Grades 5 – 6
- Mascot: Huskies
- Colors: Navy blue and silver
- Distinctions: Academic Achievement in ELA/Reading and Top 25% student progress
- James Coble Middle School
- Grades 7 – 8
- Mascot: Coyotes
- Colors: Maroon and white
- Distinctions: Academic Achievement in ELA/Reading and Math
- Mansfield Timberview High School
- Grades 9 – 12
- Mascot: Wolves
- Colors: Maroon, black, and silver
- Won state title in men’s basketball
In the most recent accountability ratings, Mansfield ISD has achieved an “A” rating.
New Homes in Grand Prairie from Sandlin Homes
DFW home builder Sandlin Homes offers homes from $270s on up that range from 1,900 to 3,200 sq. ft. You have 10 floor plans from which to choose and customize. Visit the neighborhoods to learn more about the new homes in Grand Prairie.
If you want to browse a neighborhood that feeds into Grand Prairie ISD, take a look at Westchester Crossing. To learn more, contact us at 214-282-9387.
How to get to Southgate III from Hwy 360:
- Exit to Webb Lynn Rd.
- Turn left on Lantern Ln.
- Turn right on Crystal Way.
- Turn right immediately onto Pamela Way into the community.