Summit Estates community in Waxahachie is only a 30-minute drive from the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Residents have access to everything while reveling in down-home living in this city with a population of 30,000.
When in season, you’ll see pink Crape Myrtles lining the streets all over the city when they bloom. The city is flush with these beautiful trees that in 1997, Texas State Legislature designated Waxahachie as the “Crape Myrtle Capital of Texas.”
Waxahachie is also one of 10 Texas cities to receive the First Lady’s Texas Treasures Awards. According to Texas Historical Commission, this award recognizes cities that “go the extra mile to discover their roots, teach living history lessons, and create a lasting legacy for future generations.”
Waxahachie has also been recognized as a National Main Street City in In 14 out of 15 years of eligibility. This means the city puts forth effort into community revitalization and economic development.
Fun Things to Do Around Waxahachie
Being a short drive from Dallas and Fort Worth gives Summit Estate residents the best of both worlds. They can enjoy first-rate museums, a diversity of theater options, and inimitable places to visit. They’re also close to premier sports teams as the Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington near Six Flags Amusement Park.
Waxahachie has popular annual events you won’t want to miss:
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival: April and May
- Gingerbread Trail Historic Home Tour and Arts and Crafts Show: June
- Cow Creek Country Classic Bike Ride: June
- Crape Myrtle Festival with a concert and fireworks: July
- Mini Grand Prix: October
- Texas Country Reporter Festival: October
- Candlelight Home Tour: December
This is just a sampling as there are more. And this list doesn’t include the events that take place in neighboring cities.
Visiting Historic Downtown District especially Ellis Courthouse is like stepping back in time. The courthouse has trees on the lawn that light up every day. It’s the most photographed courthouse in Texas. The district features many boutiques, antiques, and specialty shops.
Here are more places you can explore in Waxahachie:
- Lake Waxahachie: Relish the outdoors with fishing, boating, and jet skiing.
- Historic MKT Depot: Visit this restored rail stop and its retail shop.
- Webb Gallery: Browse the collection old fraternal lodge objects, vintage-anonymous art, and other works.
- Munster Mansion: See the re-creation of TV show home of The Munsters up close and personal.
- Sims Library: Discover an example of mid-18th century’s Neoclassical architecture.
Hungry? Waxahachie has more than 90 restaurants serving everything from Italian and seafood to chicken and Chinese.
Waxahachie Schools for Summit Estate Residents
Waxahachie Independent School District serves almost 8,000 students, including students living in Summit Estate. Waxahachie ISD’s goal is to provide excellence in education. Not only does the district produce National Merit and Advance Placement Scholars, but also it has one of only 109 Early College High Schools in Texas.
Children in Summit Estates attend these Waxahachie public schools:
- Wedgeworth Elementary School
- Grades: K – 5
- Enrollment: 750 students
- Top 25% closing performance gaps
- Finley Junior High School
- Grades 6 – 8
- Enrollment: 1000 students
- Accountability rating: Met standard
- High school: Waxahachie offers several options
Waxahachie New Home Builder Sandlin Homes
The Summit Estates neighborhood in Waxahachie has homes in the $350s that are 2500 to 3600 square feet. You have six floorplans to choose from with flexible options for customizing to create your dream home.
To see homes already built, visit the list of available quick move-in homes. Contact Sandlin Homes to get a tour of these to get an idea of what kind of home could be waiting for you in this community. The model home is open Tues. through Sat. from 11 am to 7 pm and Sun. and Mon. from 1 to 7 pm. If you’d like to come by on Thu. or Fri., please call for an appointment.
Sandlin Homes in Summit Estates
132 Ocotillo (in Katy Lakes)
Waxahachie, TX 76167
How to get to Summit Estates from Hwy 287:
- Exit Ovilla Road (664)
- Head north on Ovilla (664) for almost a mile to Marshal.
- Make a left on Marshal.
- Drive for approximately 1 mile to the Summit Estates community.