There’s so much to do in Northern Texas, it’s hard to pick just one thing. Whether you live in Grand Prairie or Mansfield or are just visiting the area, here are ten of the most popular attractions in the area.
- Mansfield Historical Museum and Heritage Center – Located in downtown’s McKnight Building, this attraction will teach you more about Mansfield. It also takes you through the history of Northern Texas as well.
- Town Park Amphitheater – This outdoor concert venue seats 300 for a wide range of events. You might also enjoy the nearby playgrounds, covered pavilion, volleyball and basketball courts, wildlife trails, horseshoe pits, on-site restrooms, and more.
- Urban Air Trampoline Park – If you’re looking for a different workout from your normal routine, then check out the fitness opportunities at this large-scale indoor trampoline center. It also hosts dodgeball, open jump, and parties.
- Tails and Trails Dog Park – Boasting areas for both small and large non-aggressive dogs over 4 months of age with city registration and vaccination tags, this park is a place where you and your canine can play fetch, or enjoy the company of other guests.
- Hawaiian Falls Waterpark – Don’t wait for opening day. Get your 2016 Season Passes now to enjoy bonuses and discounts across all seven Hawaiian Falls locations. It’s the best way to stay cool during Northern Texas heat waves.
- Grand Prairie Premium Outlets – Shop the world’s finest brands all in one convenient location without leaving Grand Prairie. Open seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day, the outlets even offer Wi-Fi in the food court area.
- Alpine Shooting Range – If you’re in the mood to fire off a few rounds, then this shooting range is a safe place to practice with a trap field, skeet fields, sporting clay courses, and a plethora of rifle, pistol, and shotgun ranges.
- Planetarium at the University of Texas Arlington – Regardless of the time of day or cloud cover, you can see all the stars in the sky and more at the planetarium. Check http://www.uta.edu/planetarium/shows/ for information on special events.
- Serenity Massage Therapy & Spa – Whether you need an afternoon to yourself or want to get closer to your partner, this is the place to go. This spa is more than a place to get away and relax, however, as they also provide a range of rehabilitative, geriatric, and pregnancy therapies as well.
- Arlington Improv – An evening at the Arlington Improv is the perfect way to wrap up your day of Northern Texas excursions. Follow the venue on Twitter at @ImprovTX to keep up to date on upcoming shows and open mic nights.
As you can see, there is something for everyone, from single adults to families with children, or empty nesters looking for ways to rediscover spending time together. This list is merely the tip of the iceberg of activities. Which others are your favorites?